Perfectly Grilled Bison
We love steak dinners and this is our go-to cooking method for grilling our bison steaks! We have this recipe printed on a recipe card in store (along with more!) but we had many requests to have this one posted online too so here we are!
Wondering which steak is right for you? We suggest tenderloin for it's tenderness, and Rib Eye and Striploin for full bison flavour! Don't forget to check out our cooking tip below for the best success!
Steak Recipe (with optional garlic hollandaise sauce):
2 bison steaks (your preferred cut)
2 tbsp montreal steak spice
garlic hollandaise sauce:
60ml mayonnaise (about 4tbsp) 1 tsp finely minced garlic
10ml apple cider vinegar (about 2tsp)
2 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 bunch of green onion, finely chopped
salt and pepper
1. Preheat BBQ to 450 degrees.
2. Add mayonnaise, garlic, vinegar, butter and green onion to a bowl and combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
3. Season both sides of the steaks with montreal steak spice, patting the spices into the meat.
4. Grill steaks on bbq for 3-5 minutes per side, or to an internal temperature of 135 F for medium rare.
5. Serve steaks with hollandaise and your favourite sides!
Pro Tip for Grilling Success: we always suggest using a thermometer to tell if your meat is ready instead of using timers! Bison is medium-rare at 135 F and well-done at 145F.